Walking route in Ville de Luxembourg

Visit Ville de Luxembourg's top attractions in this 1.3 hour itinerary. Musée national d'histore et d'art Luxembourg, Palais Grand Ducal, Casino Luxembourg - Forum d'art contemporain and all other sights were never that easy to visit in this well planned 1.3 hour Ville de Luxembourg itinerary.

Route type Route distance Route time
Walking 5.3 km 1.3 hour

Key attractions

Route itinerary

  1. Walk 310 m / 4 minutes
  2. Walk 340 m / 5 minutes

    Palais Grand Ducal Building

    The Grand Ducal Palace (Luxembourgish: Groussherzogleche Palais, French: Palais grand-ducal, German: Großherzogliches Palais) is a palace in Luxembourg City, in southern Luxembourg. It is the official residence of the Grand Duke of Luxembourg, and where he performs most of his duties as head of state of the Grand Duchy. == History == The building was first the city hall of Luxembourg from 1572 to 1795, the seat of the prefecture of the Département des Forêts in 1795, and then the headquarters of the Luxembourg Government in 1817. From 1817, the palace became the residence of the Governor, the representative of the Dutch Grand Dukes. As such, it was used by Prince Henry, during his time as Lieutenant-Representative of Luxembourg.

    Read more
  3. Walk 120 m / 1 minute
  4. Walk 110 m / 1 minute
  5. Walk 40 m / less than minute
  6. Walk 160 m / 2 minutes
  7. Walk 180 m / 2 minutes
  8. Walk 20 m / less than minute

    Cercle municipal Building

    The Cercle Municipal or Cercle-Cité is a building in Luxembourg City, in southern Luxembourg, It is located at the eastern end of the Place d'Armes, in the historic central Ville Haute quarter of the city. == History == On a site where there had previously been a building intended as a Cercle littéraire but which finally housed a restaurant by the name of Beim Gréitchen, the city decided to construct a grand administrative building. The design competition launched in 1902 was won in 1904 by Pierre and Paul Funck, a father and son team. The administration started to move into the neo-baroque building in 1909 but the official inauguration was in 1910. On the front, above the balcony, is a frieze depicting the granting of the city charter to Luxembourg City in 1244.

    Read more
  9. Walk 130 m / 1 minute
  10. Walk 60 m / less than minute
  11. Walk 150 m / 2 minutes

    Post Building

    Read more
  12. Walk 300 m / 4 minutes

    Monument du souvenir Memorial

    The Monument of Remembrance (French: Monument du souvenir), usually known by the nickname of the Gëlle Fra (Luxembourgish for 'Golden Lady'), is a war memorial in Luxembourg City, in southern Luxembourg. It is dedicated to the thousands of Luxembourgers who volunteered for service in the armed forces of the Allied Powers during both World Wars and the Korean War. The Gëlle Fra is situated in Constitution Square, in the Ville Haute quarter of central Luxembourg City. == Description == The centrepiece of the monument is a 21-metre-tall granite obelisk. Atop of the obelisk stands a gilded bronze statue representing Nike, goddess of victory, or "Queen of Freedom" (Friddenskinnigin in Luxembourgish), holding out a laurel wreath as if placing it upon the head of the nation.

    Read more
  13. Walk 230 m / 3 minutes
  14. Walk 490 m / 7 minutes
  15. Walk 340 m / 5 minutes
  16. Walk 770 m / 11 minutes
  17. Walk 420 m / 6 minutes
  18. Walk 70 m / 1 minute
  19. Walk 70 m / 1 minute
  20. Walk 160 m / 2 minutes
  21. Walk 10 m / less than minute
  22. Walk 150 m / 2 minutes
  23. Walk 360 m / 5 minutes
  24. Walk 290 m / 4 minutes

    Musée national d'histore et d'art Luxembourg Museum

    The National Museum of History and Art (Luxembourgish: Nationalmusée fir Geschicht a Konscht, French: Musée national d'histoire et d'art, German: Nationalmuseum für Geschichte und Kunst), abbreviated to MNHA, is a museum located in Luxembourg City, in southern Luxembourg. It is dedicated to displaying artworks and artefacts from all epochs of Luxembourg history. The museum is situated in Fishmarket, the historic heart of the city, in the Ville Haute quarter. == History == The first proposal for such a museum was made during the French occupation of the Revolutionary Wars, when Luxembourg was annexed into the département of Forêts. However, the museum was never opened, despite the expropriation of a number of artefacts from the church.

    Read more


Routes nearby

Please sign in

This action requires you to sign in into your account

Sign in