Visit Nuremberg's top attractions in this 1.4 hour itinerary. Schöner Brunnen, Albrecht-Dürer-Haus, Heilig-Geist-Spital and all other sights were never that easy to visit in this well planned 1.4 hour Nuremberg itinerary.
|Route type||Route distance||Route time|
|Walking||5.7 km||1.4 hour|
The Historische Kunstbunker (Historic art bunker) is a tunnel complex under Nuremberg Castle in the old city of Nuremberg. It forms part of the Nuremberg Historic Mile. Even in the Middle Ages, a network of rock passages was built in the hard sandstone of the castle. In the summer of 1940 the stone cellar of 52 Obere Schmiedgasse street was renovated for the protection of Nuremberg's artworks from air raids. The Neutorturm was also used as an art bunker from 1941 and the Paniersbunker under Paniersplatz from 1943.Read more
The Frauenkirche ("Church of Our Lady") is a church in Nuremberg, Germany. It stands on the eastern side of the main market. An example of brick Gothic architecture, it was built on the initiative of Charles IV, Holy Roman Emperor between 1352 and 1362. The church contains many sculptures, some of them heavily restored. Numerous works of art from the Middle Ages are kept in the church, such as the so-called Tucher Altar (c.Read more
Nuremberg Castle (German: Nürnberger Burg) is a group of medieval fortified buildings on a sandstone ridge dominating the historical center of Nuremberg in Bavaria, Germany. The castle, together with the city walls, is considered to be one of Europe's most formidable medieval fortifications. It represented the power and importance of the Holy Roman Empire and the outstanding role of the Imperial City of Nuremberg. == Summary == In the Middle Ages, German kings (respectively Holy Roman Emperors after their coronation by the Pope) did not have a capital, but voyaged from one of their castles (Kaiserpfalz or Imperial castle) to the next. Thus, the castle at Nürnberg became an important imperial castle, and in the following centuries, all German kings and emperors stayed at the castle, most of whom on several occasions.Read more
Albrecht Dürer's House (German: Albrecht-Dürer-Haus) is a Nuremberg Fachwerkhaus that was the home of German Renaissance artist Albrecht Dürer from 1509 to his death in 1528. The House lies in the extreme north-west of Nuremberg's Altstadt, near the Kaiserburg section of the Nuremberg Castle and the Tiergärtnertor of Nuremberg's city walls. The house was built around 1420. It has five stories; the bottom two have sandstone walls, while the upper stories are timber framed; the entire structure is topped by a half-hip roof. In 1501, it was purchased by Bernhard Walther, a merchant and prominent astronomer.Read more
This action requires you to sign in into your accountSign in