Walking route in Nuremberg

Visit Nuremberg's top attractions in this 52 minutes itinerary. Albrecht-Dürer-Haus, Felsengänge, Tiergärtnertor and all other sights were never that easy to visit in this well planned 52 minutes Nuremberg itinerary.

Route type Route distance Route time
Walking 3.5 km 52 minutes

Key attractions

Route itinerary

  1. Walk 30 m / less than minute
  2. Walk 40 m / less than minute
  3. Walk 30 m / less than minute

    Historischer Kunstbunker Attraction

    The Historische Kunstbunker (Historic art bunker) is a tunnel complex under Nuremberg Castle in the old city of Nuremberg. It forms part of the Nuremberg Historic Mile. Even in the Middle Ages, a network of rock passages was built in the hard sandstone of the castle. In the summer of 1940 the stone cellar of 52 Obere Schmiedgasse street was renovated for the protection of Nuremberg's artworks from air raids. The Neutorturm was also used as an art bunker from 1941 and the Paniersbunker under Paniersplatz from 1943.

    Read more
  4. Walk 40 m / less than minute
  5. Walk 40 m / less than minute
  6. Walk 200 m / 3 minutes

    St. Sebald Church

    St. Sebaldus Church (St. Sebald, Sebalduskirche) is a medieval church in Nuremberg, Germany. Along with Frauenkirche (Our Lady's Church) and St. Lorenz, it is one of the most important churches of the city, and also one of the oldest.

    Read more
  7. Walk 70 m / 1 minute
  8. Walk 70 m / 1 minute
  9. Walk 10 m / less than minute
  10. Walk 100 m / 1 minute
  11. Walk 140 m / 2 minutes

    Spielzeugmuseum Museum

    The Nuremberg Toy Museum (also known as Lydia Bayer Museum) in Nuremberg, Bavaria, is a municipal museum, which was founded in 1971. It is considered to be one of the most well known toy museums in the world, depicting the cultural history of toys from antiquity to the present. == History == === Hallersches Haus === The toy museum's building, located in Karlstraße 13–15, can be dated back to 1517 as being the property of Wilhelm Haller, senior, member of a patrician family. Jeweler, Paul Kandler bought the house in 1611 and had the front rebuilt for the first time (probably by Jakob Wolff senior). The oriel (this type of oriel is called a chörlein) was constructed roughly around 1720.

    Read more
  12. Walk 230 m / 3 minutes
  13. Walk 100 m / 1 minute
  14. Walk 140 m / 2 minutes
  15. Walk 20 m / less than minute
  16. Walk 20 m / less than minute
  17. Walk 120 m / 1 minute
  18. Walk 60 m / less than minute
  19. Walk 180 m / 2 minutes
  20. Walk 180 m / 2 minutes
  21. Walk 620 m / 9 minutes
  22. Walk 690 m / 10 minutes

    Kaiserburg Castle

    Nuremberg Castle (German: Nürnberger Burg) is a group of medieval fortified buildings on a sandstone ridge dominating the historical center of Nuremberg in Bavaria, Germany. The castle, together with the city walls, is considered to be one of Europe's most formidable medieval fortifications. It represented the power and importance of the Holy Roman Empire and the outstanding role of the Imperial City of Nuremberg. == Summary == In the Middle Ages, German kings (respectively Holy Roman Emperors after their coronation by the Pope) did not have a capital, but voyaged from one of their castles (Kaiserpfalz or Imperial castle) to the next. Thus, the castle at Nürnberg became an important imperial castle, and in the following centuries, all German kings and emperors stayed at the castle, most of whom on several occasions.

    Read more
  23. Walk 20 m / less than minute
  24. Walk 240 m / 3 minutes

    Albrecht-Dürer-Haus Museum

    Albrecht Dürer's House (German: Albrecht-Dürer-Haus) is a Nuremberg Fachwerkhaus that was the home of German Renaissance artist Albrecht Dürer from 1509 to his death in 1528. The House lies in the extreme north-west of Nuremberg's Altstadt, near the Kaiserburg section of the Nuremberg Castle and the Tiergärtnertor of Nuremberg's city walls. The house was built around 1420. It has five stories; the bottom two have sandstone walls, while the upper stories are timber framed; the entire structure is topped by a half-hip roof. In 1501, it was purchased by Bernhard Walther, a merchant and prominent astronomer.

    Read more


Routes nearby

Please sign in

This action requires you to sign in into your account

Sign in