Walking route in Erlangen

Visit Erlangen's top attractions in this 55 minutes itinerary. Orangerie, Schloss Erlangen, Prof. Dr. Gottfried Thomasius and all other sights were never that easy to visit in this well planned 55 minutes Erlangen itinerary.

Route type Route distance Route time
Walking 3.7 km 55 minutes

Key attractions

Route itinerary

  1. Walk 150 m 2 minutes
  2. Walk 220 m 3 minutes
  3. Walk 90 m 1 minute
  4. Walk 110 m 1 minute
  5. Walk 90 m 1 minute
  6. Walk 40 m less than minute
  7. Walk 150 m 2 minutes
  8. Walk 260 m 3 minutes
  9. Walk 50 m less than minute
  10. Walk 20 m less than minute
  11. Walk 10 m less than minute
  12. Walk 310 m 4 minutes
  13. Walk 330 m 5 minutes
  14. Walk 230 m 3 minutes
  15. Walk 290 m 4 minutes
  16. Walk 170 m 2 minutes
  17. Walk 130 m 1 minute
  18. Walk 220 m 3 minutes
  19. Walk 130 m 2 minutes
  20. Walk 190 m 2 minutes

    Prof. Dr. Gottfried Thomasius Memorial

    Gottfried Thomasius (June 26, 1802 – January 24, 1875) was a German Lutheran theologian. He was born in Egenhausen (in present-day Middle Franconia) and he died in Erlangen. He studied philosophy and theology in Erlangen, Halle and Berlin, and as a student had renowned instructors that included Friedrich Schleiermacher, August Neander, G. W. F. Hegel, Philip Marheineke and Friedrich Tholuck. In 1829 he began serving as a pastor in Nuremberg, and in 1842 was appointed professor of dogmatics at the University of Erlangen. Thomasius was an important representative of the "Erlangen School" within the German Neo-Lutheranism movement and a major influence on, for instance, the church historian Albert Hauck.

    Read more
  21. Walk 10 m less than minute
  22. Walk 120 m 1 minute
  23. Walk 90 m 1 minute
  24. Walk 140 m 2 minutes

    Schloss Erlangen Castle

    The Schloss Erlangen is a residence in Erlangen, built between 1700 and 1704 by George William, Margrave of Brandenburg-Bayreuth. Work was initially led by Antonio della Porta and after his death in 1702 by Gottfried von Gedeler. It was the first baroque building built from scratch in Franconia. Christian Ernst moved his third wife Margravine Elisabeth Sophie of Brandenburg into the Schloss in 1703 when it was still incomplete, giving it its initial name, the Elisabethenburg. Behind it was a 280 metre wide and 550 metre long garden with an orangery (completed in 1706), the Konkordienkirche (completed in 1706, now the Geological Institute), the Hugenottenbrunnen fountain, an equestrian statue and a now-lost Sylvan theater.

    Read more

Routes nearby