Walking route in Heilbronn

Visit Heilbronn's top attractions in this 1.2 hour itinerary. Kilianskirche, Robert Mayer, Rathaus Heilbronn and all other sights were never that easy to visit in this well planned 1.2 hour Heilbronn itinerary.

Route type Route distance Route time
Walking 4.9 km 1.2 hour

Key attractions

Route itinerary

  1. Walk 80 m 1 minute
  2. Walk 60 m less than minute

    Robert Mayer Memorial

    Julius Robert Mayer (November 25, 1814 – March 20, 1878) was a German physician, chemist and physicist and one of the founders of thermodynamics. He is best known for enunciating in 1841 one of the original statements of the conservation of energy or what is now known as one of the first versions of the first law of thermodynamics, namely that "energy can be neither created nor destroyed". In 1842, Mayer described the vital chemical process now referred to as oxidation as the primary source of energy for any living creature. His achievements were overlooked and priority for the discovery of the mechanical equivalent of heat was attributed to James Joule in the following year. He also proposed that plants convert light into chemical energy.

    Read more
  3. Walk 80 m 1 minute
  4. Walk 170 m 2 minutes
  5. Walk 290 m 4 minutes
  6. Walk 50 m less than minute
  7. Walk 50 m less than minute
  8. Walk 220 m 3 minutes
  9. Walk 300 m 4 minutes
  10. Walk 130 m 2 minutes
  11. Walk 710 m 10 minutes
  12. Walk 430 m 6 minutes
  13. Walk 90 m 1 minute
  14. Walk 670 m 10 minutes
  15. Walk 220 m 3 minutes
  16. Walk 260 m 3 minutes
  17. Walk 140 m 2 minutes
  18. Walk 220 m 3 minutes
  19. Walk 160 m 2 minutes
  20. Walk 30 m less than minute
  21. Walk 60 m less than minute
  22. Walk 190 m 2 minutes
  23. Walk 70 m 1 minute
  24. Walk 120 m 1 minute

    Kilianskirche Church

    Killian's Church on Kaiserstraße (Kaiser Street) in Heilbronn is a Gothic hall church constructed from Heilbronner sand stone, whose origin dates back to the 11th century. Its western Tower, constructed by Hans Schweiner, is one of the first major Renaissance buildings to be built north of the Alps. Inside the church there is an altar by Hans Seyffer from 1498, which is regarded as a masterpiece of sculpture from the Late German Gothic period. Some of the stained glass is by Charles Crodel. The Monument Foundation of Baden-Württemberg appointed the church as monument of the month in December 2016.

    Read more

Routes nearby