Walking route in Freiburg im Breisgau

Visit Freiburg im Breisgau's top attractions in this 1.2 hour itinerary. Bertoldsbrunnen, Martinstor, Grundriss der Alten Synagoge and all other sights were never that easy to visit in this well planned 1.2 hour Freiburg im Breisgau itinerary.

Route type Route distance Route time
Walking 4.8 km 1.2 hour

Key attractions

Route itinerary

  1. Bertoldsbrunnen Attraction

    The Bertoldsbrunnen ("Bertold's Fountain") is a monument in the historic city of Freiburg im Breisgau. It is situated at the crossing of the Salz- and Bertoldsstraße with the Kaiser-Joseph-Straße. The fountain is one of the central locations of the city. A tram station with the same name is situated at the Bertoldsbrunnen where all five tramways of the Freiburger Verkehrs AG stop. == History == The Fischbrunnen ("Fish Fountain") was situated at the crossing of the Kaiser-Joseph-Straße and the Salzstraße until 1806.

    Read more
  2. Walk 130 m / 2 minutes
  3. Walk 130 m / 2 minutes

    Memorial

    The Bertoldsbrunnen ("Bertold's Fountain") is a monument in the historic city of Freiburg im Breisgau. It is situated at the crossing of the Salz- and Bertoldsstraße with the Kaiser-Joseph-Straße. The fountain is one of the central locations of the city. A tram station with the same name is situated at the Bertoldsbrunnen where all five tramways of the Freiburger Verkehrs AG stop. == History == The Fischbrunnen ("Fish Fountain") was situated at the crossing of the Kaiser-Joseph-Straße and the Salzstraße until 1806.

    Read more
  4. Walk 150 m / 2 minutes
  5. Walk 30 m / less than minute
  6. Walk 30 m / less than minute
  7. Walk 80 m / 1 minute
  8. Walk 70 m / 1 minute
  9. Walk 180 m / 2 minutes
  10. Walk 140 m / 2 minutes
  11. Walk 140 m / 2 minutes
  12. Walk 300 m / 4 minutes

    Archäologisches Museum Colombischlössle Museum

    The Colombischlössle Archeological Museum is a museum in Freiburg im Breisgau in southwest Germany which features the prehistoric inheritance of the High and Upper Rhine. It was founded as the Museum of Prehistory and Early History in 1983. The focus of the museum is on the human development of the High and upper Rhine from the Paleolithic Age to the Early Middle Ages. == References == Hilde Hiller: 20 Jahre Museum für Ur- und Frühgeschichte im Colombischlössle. Museum für Ur- und Frühgeschichte, Freiburg, (Breisgau) 2003.

    Read more
  13. Walk 780 m / 11 minutes
  14. Walk 250 m / 3 minutes

    Memorial

    Stühlinger is a district to the west of the historic city center of Freiburg im Breisgau. In December 2013, 18,300 residents lived in the neighborhood. There are three boroughs: Stühlinger-Beurbarung, Stühlinger-Eschholz and Alt-Stühlinger. Although historically correct, the railroad Freiburg-Colmar is the north end of the Stühlinger and therefore Stühlinger-Beurbarung is not part of the district anymore. The district borders the area of the central train station of the Deutsche Bahn AG to the east, the river Dreisam to the south, tracks of the railroad freight transportation to the west and the district Brühl to the north.

    Read more
  15. Walk 180 m / 2 minutes

    Memorial

    Stühlinger is a district to the west of the historic city center of Freiburg im Breisgau. In December 2013, 18,300 residents lived in the neighborhood. There are three boroughs: Stühlinger-Beurbarung, Stühlinger-Eschholz and Alt-Stühlinger. Although historically correct, the railroad Freiburg-Colmar is the north end of the Stühlinger and therefore Stühlinger-Beurbarung is not part of the district anymore. The district borders the area of the central train station of the Deutsche Bahn AG to the east, the river Dreisam to the south, tracks of the railroad freight transportation to the west and the district Brühl to the north.

    Read more
  16. Walk 0 m / less than minute
  17. Walk 730 m / 10 minutes
  18. Walk 60 m / less than minute
  19. Walk 10 m / less than minute
  20. Walk 400 m / 6 minutes
  21. Walk 230 m / 3 minutes
  22. Walk 190 m / 2 minutes
  23. Walk 110 m / 1 minute
  24. Walk 70 m / 1 minute
  25. Walk 240 m / 3 minutes

    Martinstor Building

    The Martinstor (English Martin's Gate), a former town fortification on Kaiser-Joseph-Straße, is the older of the two gates of Freiburg im Breisgau that have been preserved since medieval times. Both gates, the Martinstor and the Schwabentor, are located in the city centre. In medieval times the Martinstor was also known as Norsinger Tor. == History == According to dendrochronological research the wooden beams date back to the year 1202; the gate was first given documentary evidence in 1238 as „Porta Sancti Martini“ (Latin Gate of the Holy Martin). Over the centuries it has been reconstructed several times.

    Read more


Routes nearby

Please sign in

This action requires you to sign in into your account

Sign in